Today I’m coming to you with one of my all-time favorite recipes! It’s high in protein and low in carbs because instead of using traditional noodles you’re going to be trying zoodles (zucchini noodles). So let’s get cooking!
- 1 pack of ground turkey breast (not ground turkey)
- 1 can of pasta sauce (Michaels of Brooklyn is my favorite sugar-free brand)
- 1 frozen package of veggie noodles (I use the Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals)
- 1 medium size Vidalia onion
- 1 tomato (optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Spray a large saucepan with Pam or use a few drops of olive oil (turkey will stick without this) and put on low heat. Put in turkey breast and allow to cook until it is no longer pink, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking.
- While the turkey is cooking cut up your onion. Introduce onion into saucepan now that the turkey is white. Cook until the onions sweat and the turkey becomes lightly brown on edges.
- At this point, you can pour in your desired amount of sauce. I usually use 1.5 cups or 2 if I’m really feeling it. Cover the saucepan with a top and let the sauce simmer, stirring occasionally.
- If you are adding spinach or tomato this is the time to add it in. Keeping the lid on the pan will help the spinach to wilt faster.
- Put your zoodles in the microwave, they take about 7 minutes and serve two people. Drain the zoodles in a strainer once they are done. Plate your zoodles with your turkey spaghetti sauce. I usually top mine with some shredded cheese, parmesan and a little bit of garlic salt.
- You did it, enjoy!
I’d love to hear about what you thought of the recipe, so leave a comment below! And make sure you’ve subscribed to my newsletter to stay up to date on all the exciting new content!